The following is a list of how we use your privacy. Therefore, we kindly ask you to take some time to pay attention to the following matters.
1. What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you register with us or place an enquiry or order for products or services from our website. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions. The information we collect may include and not limited to your name, your travel companion name (if any), gender, age, title, position, address, date of birth, nationality, passport type, numbers and expiry date, telephone number (including mobile and fax numbers), email address, trip itinerary and travel preferences. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
To help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website, we may also collect information regarding your internet protocol address, browser type, domain name, access date and time, the website URL you visited us from, and the third party sites you visit when you click on links to exit the Lotus site. Your Internet Protocol address is used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information, so as to enhance your experience.
2. How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you to process your order or enquiry, and if you agree, to email or text you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you. It includes but not limited to:
- Identifying you and confirming your identity when you purchase or enquire Lotus’s products;
- Allowing us to process and complete your travel reservations and purchases;
- Contacting you by our customers service officers when necessary;
- Compiling statistic for internal research and analysis;
- Sending you updates, promotions and/or newsletters of information, products or services;
We use your information collected from the website to personalize your repeat visits to our website. If you agree, we shall pass on your personal information to our group of companies so that they may offer you their products and services like the above.
3. Data Retention
Personal information you provide to us will be retained only for such period as may be necessary for the carrying out of the purposes referred to in this policy or required by applicable law or as otherwise specified at the time of collection.
The information collected via cookies included:
- Website behaviors such as site page that the users are viewing, the site/page came from before and visited after, etc.
- Purchasing behaviors such as how much is spent for an online purchase within the website, product type, etc.
- Device (i.e. mobile, tablet, desktop)
- Internet browser
- Browser language
- Computer Operation system
- IP address
Cookies remembered your preferences and give you a personalized experience that's in line with your website behavior. Cookies allow us to bring you the relevant and targeted product recommendation. The cookies will be expired not more than 18 months.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the below websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
We monitor for and try to prevent security breaches. We implement security safeguards designed to protect your data, such as HTTPS. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, we cannot warrant the security of any information that you send us. There is no guarantee that data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.